Setting Up the Dell Office Connect Wifi Printer
Initial Dell Printer Setup
Configure The Printer With The Included Setup Disk
You will find Easy Installer software on the CD that came with your printer. Insert the CD and double-click the ‘setup.exe’ file to begin installation.
The software can also be downloaded from Dell Support. Enter your service tag or select your printer model then select ‘Drivers and Downloads’. The Easy Installer is listed in the ‘Application’ section.
Configure The Printer Using Your Browser
If you are a network administrator, you can easily copy the printer’s settings to one or all printers on the network – right from your Web browser.
To launch the Dell Printer Configuration Web Tool, just type your network printer’s IP address in your Web browser.
If you do not know what your printer’s IP address is, print a Printer Settings page, which lists the IP address:
- Press Menu.
- Press Down until Report/List appears, and then press Right Arrow or ✓.
- Printer Setting is displayed. Press ✓.
- The Printer Settings page is printed.
If the IP address shows 0.0.0.0 (the factory default), an IP address has not been assigned. You will need to navigate the printer settings to assign an IP address to the device.
Printing Wirelessly To Your Dell Printer
Depending on the Dell printer you’re using and your operating system, there will be a specific way to print wirelessly to your Dell printer.
Configure and Print using AirPrint from iOS
To enjoy AirPrint support, you will need to download and upgrade your printer firmware for your specific printer model. You can find all the downloads and upgrades on the dell resource page.
AirPrint – enabled printers work with iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch running iOS 4.2 or later.
A Wi-Fi-capable AirPrint printer must be connected to the same home Wi-Fi network as the iOS device or Mac.
If you need further help, the instructions will depend on the specific Dell printer model you have, you can find the next steps on the Dell resource page here: https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000178977/configuring-and-using-airprint-on-compatible-dell-laser-printers
Configure and Print Using Google Cloud Print
You can register the printer with your Google account to allow printing from mobile devices or websites. Google Cloud Print can be used to print documents, photos, and e-mails from other computers and mobile devices.
Printing with Google Cloud Print from Your Mobile Device
Make sure that the Printer is turned on and connected to a wired or wireless network that has access to the internet.
- Install the Cloud Print Application on your mobile device. (You can download this app from Google Play App Store.)
- Access the Google Docs application from your mobile device and tap on the icon to select the document.
- Tap the “option” button of the document you want to print.
- Tap the Send button.
- Tap the Cloud Print Button.
- Set the Printing options required.
- Tap Click Here To Print.
- Printing with Google Cloud Print from the Chrome Browser
Open your Chrome browser.
- Open The Document or Email that you want to print.
- Click the Wrench Icon in the browser’s top right corner.
- Click Print- a new tab for printing appears.
- Select Print with Google Cloud Print.
- Click the Print Button.
Manually Add The Printer To The Network.
To connect manually using the printer front panel:
- Press the ‘Menu’ button.
- Select ‘System’.
- Select ‘Admin Menu’.
- Select ‘Network’.
- Select ‘Wireless Setup’.
- Select your network from the list.
- Enter your network passphrase.
- Print a Settings Report to confirm the printer has successfully joined your wireless network.
Configure The Printer Via USB Cord
Some older models may need to be initially connected via USB or Ethernet cable to configure Wi-Fi settings. If your printer does not support WPS or front panel configuration refer to your user guide for model-specific instructions.
Blue Dog Ink Is Dell Printer Resource
Blue Dog Ink has made a name for itself by being a top provider and retailer of all printers and printer supplies. We support dozens of printer manufacturers, and stock supplies for all models of printers to keep our clients up and printing with minimal downtime and at reasonable costs. Next time you’re in the market for a new printer, or need supplies or accessories for one you already own, be sure to check Blue Dog Ink first and save yourself time shopping around.