The 4 Easy Ways to Print from Your Samsung Tablet
About Samsung Tablets
Samsung has been a leader in the tablet market since the birth of the category around 2010 when Apple announced and launched their iPad tablet. Unlike the iPad, Samsung was able to produce and sell many dozens of models at the same time the iPad would go through one generation of upgrades. This makes Samsung tablets much more varied in their hardware and configuration. In this article, we will go through several of the ways you can print directly from your Samsung tablet.
Printing Directly From Your Samsung Tablet
We’ve all been there. We’re using our tablet and we get an email or there’s an important document that we need to be printed out. Sure, you can find a way to move the file to another device that’s already configured to print from your printer, but why waste time with extra steps? Here are 4 different ways you can print directly from your tablet, with no extra steps. Choose the one that’s best for you.
Using Google Cloud Print
One of the simplest methods is to enable Google Cloud Print settings on your tablet. This option is available to any android device, not just Samsung tablets.
- On your Android tablet, open the Settings app, then tap Printing > Cloud Print.
- Make sure Cloud Print is set to On.
- Your tablet will search for available printers – your printer should turn up in the search results.
Note that your printer must be on and configured on the same wifi network as your tablet for this to work. Need help setting up your printer? We have resources to help with that.
Using Samsung Mobile Print
Another super simple option to print from your Samsung tablet is the Samsung Mobile Print app. This app was designed for Samsung devices specifically, so it should be one of the most straightforward ways to get printing from your tablet.
- Make sure the printer and the phone are connected to the same network (same router).
- Open the Samsung Mobile print app and navigate to the Print tab.
- Tap the Print icon.
- If no device is selected, tap Select Device, and then select the printer from the device list.
Using a Bluetooth Printer
If you don’t have either of those apps on your tablet, or you are without internet and can’t download and install them, you can always rely on the Bluetooth function of your tablet, so long as your printer also has Bluetooth options. It’s easy to do, but the one trick to know is that the Bluetooth printing settings will usually be under the “share” menu option.
- You can print from the Chrome app, the Gallery app, or from a number of other apps that have a share icon.
- Click the Share icon. (If a Share icon isn’t visible in the app, look for a Share command on the Action Overflow icon’s menu.)
- Choose Bluetooth. (If the Bluetooth option isn’t available, you may not be able to print from the app, this option is app dependant.)
- Choose your Bluetooth printer from the list of items on the Bluetooth screen.
Using NFC Functionality
Our last tip for printing directly from your Samsung tablet is to try out the NFC functionality of your printer. To do this you will need:
- An NFC and Wi-Fi Direct enabled device with Android OS 4.0 or higher.
- A printer with the NFC feature and Wi-Fi Direct.
- The Samsung MobilePrint app.
Once you have the MobilePrint app on your tablet, here’s what you do:
- Make sure the NFC and Wi-Fi Direct features are enabled on the tablet and Wi-Fi Direct is enabled on the printer.
- Select the file you want to print. Press the menu buttons to change the print options.
- Hold the tablet with the NFC antenna facing down over the NFC tag on the printer. It’s usually on the back of the device.
- After a few seconds, the tablet will connect to the printer.
- Once the devices are connected, the printer starts printing the file.
Blue Dog Ink Are Printer Resource
It’s our goal at Blue Dog Ink to keep you printing with no downtime. Whether its through our helpful guides and FAQs, low prices on hardware, or unbeatable prices on ink and toner, Blue Dog Ink should be your first and only stop when shopping for printing supplies and equipment!