How to Connect Your Kodak Printer to WiFi – The Quick Guide
Popular Kodak Photo Printers
Kodak has always been well known in the photography space, from their high-quality cameras to the many years they lead in the photo paper and photo development categories (before digital photography took over). Now, Kodak is getting back into the forefront of providing consumers with great quality physical photos, although this time they are bringing the photo lab into your home or office.
KODAK Photo Printer Dock
This tiny portable printer will surprise you with its great quality achieved with 4 pass technology. The printer uses Bluetooth to quickly and easily connect to any android or iOS device and uses photo paper cartridges to keep things simple. Great for traveling and sharing photos.
KODAK SMILE Instant Digital Printer
The Kodak Smile quickly prints 2 x 3-inch photos and also boasts a simple and fun app with augmented-reality support. The pocket-size Kodak Smile is small and battery-powered, so you can take it anywhere, and at the lost cost of $99, it makes a great gift too.
KODAK Mini 2 Instant Photo Printer
The Kodak Mini 2 HD Instant Photo Printer produces good-quality photos, and its wireless capabilities make it easy to connect to the mobile app. It’s an even more inexpensive option than the models mentioned previously, so if you’re looking to get your first portable snapshot printer, the Kodak Mini 2 might be for you.
How Do You Setup The Kodak Printer Over Wifi?
Before you connect
To connect to your wireless network, you will need to know the network name (also called the Service Set Identifier or SSID). You can obtain your network name from the wireless router. See the manufacturer’s documentation for more information.
If you have enabled security on your network, you also need to know the security string, which may be a Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) or a Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2) passphrase.
Connecting to a wireless network using the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard
- Press the Home button on the printer.
- Press the right arrow key >, then touch Network Settings.
- Press on Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- Click your network name.
- If you don’t see your network in the list, or you want to change your network, touch Rescan for Wireless Networks.
- If your network requires a password, use the LCD keyboard to enter your Security String. The Security String is case-sensitive. When you are finished, touch OK.
- When the confirmation message appears, touch OK.
- When the printer is successfully connected, the Wi-Fi connectivity LED will stop blinking and remain lit.
- The printer with a wireless connection is listed as the name of the printer plus a number.
Connecting to a wireless network using Push Button Configuration
If your router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), you can use WPS Connect. WPS lets you configure your printer for a wireless network by simply pressing a connection button or by entering a PIN.
To connect to a network using WPS:
- Press the Home button on the printer.
- Press the Down Arrow key, then press Network Settings.
- Click on Wi-Fi Setup Wizard. Then click WPS Connect.
- Select one of two methods of connecting:
Push Button Configuration or Generate WPS PIN
If you choose Push Button Configuration, You will have two minutes to press or select the WPS button. It may be a button on the device or a virtual button in the device’s software.
- Click on the Push Button Configuration in the printer menu.
- Press or select the WPS button for your wireless router.
- Hit OK on the control panel.
If you chose Generate WPS PIN, follow these steps instead:
- Press Generate WPS PIN.
- In your wireless router’s software, locate the PIN screen.
- Enter the PIN you received on the LCD into the PIN screen, then follow the router’s instructions.
- Click OK on the control panel.
Shop With Blue Dog Ink For All Printer Needs
Blue Dog Ink is proud to carry and support Kodak printers, and we hope you enjoy using the portable snapshot printers as well. If you ever need support, come back and visit our resource section, and of course, if you need ink, paper, or any other supplies or accessories for your printers you can be sure Blue Dog Ink will have the best selection and lowest prices around.