How To Print From Your iPhone Using AirPrint
One of the great things about Apple products like iPhones and iPads is how easy they are to use. Luckily it’s no exception when it comes to setting up printers on your apple devices.
Apple devices come with a feature called AirPrint that allows you to wirelessly print to any printer that supports the feature. In order to use this feature, you must have an AirPrint enabled printer. If you don’t have a printer that comes with AirPrint, you can browse our selection of AirPrint printers here. Setting up AirPrint is pretty straightforward, just follow these instructions.
What Is AirPrint?
AirPrint is a technology that is available in Apple devices like the iPhone and iPad that allows you to wirelessly print documents on AirPrint compatible printers. It’s fast and easy to use AirPrint, and best of all, you don’t need to install any drivers or special software on your device to use it. Using AirPrint is as simple as connecting both the printer and your phone to the same wi-fi network. Here’s how it’s done.
How To Set Up AirPrint
The first thing you’ll need to do before printing from your iPhone is to configure AirPrint on one of your printers. Depending on the type of printer you have, you will have a few different options.
Printers With Built-In Displays
If your printer comes with a built-in display, connecting to your wi-fi network should be pretty easy.
- Navigate to your printer’s settings panel and find the WiFi or network tab
- Next, select your wi-fi network from the list of available networks
- Finally, enter your wi-fi network password.
- You should now be able to see the printer on your iPhone
Using WPS To Setup A Printer
Many printers come with a WPS, or Wi-Fi protected setup option. Depending on the router that you’re using, you may need to follow a different procedure. However, typically there will be a button somewhere on the router with a wifi symbol or the letters WPS on it that you can press. Once you press the button, you should then be able to connect the printer to WiFi using a printer desktop application.
Connect To The Printer via USB
Another easy way to connect your printer to your WiFi network is by using a USB cable.
- Connect the printer to your computer with a USB cable.
- Install the printer software or driver, and make sure that it includes a printer setup assistant.
- Open the setup assistant and use it to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.
- Remove the USB cable and check to see if the printer is still on the WiFi network.
You should now be able to find your printer on AirPrint.
Printing With AirPrint
- Make sure that your iPhone and the printer you want to use are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the app that you want to print from
- To find the print option, tap the app’s share icon.
- Scroll down and tap “print”. (If you can’t find the print button, make sure the app supports AirPrint).
- Next, tap “Select Printer” and then select the AirPrint-enabled printer.
- Configure your printing options like the number of copies and any other options.
- Tap Print in the upper-right corner