The Step-by-Step Guide to Finding the WPS Pin on Any Printer
What is a WPS Pin? Do I even need it?
WPS is a feature of most modern routers that people neglect to use because they don’t even realize it exists. WPS is the easiest and fastest way to connect a new device to your wifi network, without having to find or share the long and complicated passwords that are often preset on wifi routers. You don’t need to use it, but it would make your life easier to learn how to.
Where can I find the WPS pin on my printer?
The WPS pin can almost always be found in the settings menu of your printer’s control panel. It will vary brand by brand, but you simply need to enter the settings menu, and look for wifi or network options and the WPS pin should be in one of the nested menus. You can always refer to the printer’s user guide and look for the WPS pin in the index or table of contents, but if you just scroll through the printer’s settings menu, you will undoubtedly come across the WPS pin setting. Selecting that from the menu should show you the 8 digit WPS pin for your printer.
Connect HP Printer Using WPS Button
Follow these simple instructions:
- Upon accessing the HP printers’ control panel, you can select the wireless menu or the settings menu from the screen.
- Now, when you are ready to set up the WiFi Protected Setup, please select the option and follow the instructions on the screen that will appear on the screen.
- Next, choose the option “WPS Button”. You will be asked by the printer to press the wireless router’s WPS button once you have done this
- In order to connect your printer to the Wi-Fi protected setup button on your router, you will need to hit the continue button on the printer
- As soon as the connection is established, the WPS button is assigned to the printer, and you can now wirelessly print any document you want
Connect Your HP Printer Through WPS PIN
Review the notes and follow these steps:
- To get started, select Wireless from your HP printer’s control panel, and then select Settings from the list
- Follow the instructions prompted on the screen to complete the Wi-Fi Protected Setup by touching the “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” icon
- You will now be brought to a page where you will be prompted for a Wi-Fi Protected Setup PIN. Click on that. Doing this, the PIN will display on the screen
- In order to configure the wireless router or wireless access point, you need software or utility. Once that is done, enter the WPS pin in the required field
- After you’ve set up the HP printer properly in Computer and all programs, click on Setup & Software and open the HP folder. Next, go to your PC and choose “Connect a new printer”